Thursday 17 May 2007

A Nation Obsessed with Virgin

I’m talking about Richard Branson Virgin.

This country’s economy would fall to pieces if Richard Branson wasn’t so prevalent with his Virgin Empire. There is:

Virgin Media (Pay TV)
Virgin Internet (Broadband and wireless etc.)
Virgin Active Health Clubs (Gyms)
Virgin Trains (Cross-country / international)
Virgin Atlantic (International flights)
Virgin Blue (Domestic flights)
Virgin Holidays
Virgin Money (Credit Cards)
Virgin Unite (Charity organisation)
Virgin Books
Virgin Brides
Virgin Wines
Virgin mobiles
V Festival (concerts etc.)
Plus many many more!


Unbelievable – such a company can do so many things! For me, as a Generation Y woman, advertising is directed towards me and the deals are great! Tomasz and I are going to join Virgin Active – the health club today! My prediction is that before we realise it…Virgin will be much much bigger in Australia….

There are many more weird observations here in London.

The women here LOVE their big fashion labels. Everyday on the day I cannot tell you how may Prada handbags, Gucci shoes and Luis Vuitton items I see. It may be because we work in a very corporate area – not sure. Very jealous!

It’s cold – but everyone here thinks its hot. People think I’m cracy because I am wearing a scarf and gloves. Note: It was 15 degrees yesterday…I have resorted to drinking tea regularly and peeing every 5 minutes.

Free ATM withdrawals in London – Why do Australians not have this service for free (you would think a few billion dollars profit a year – the banks would give us Aussies something for free in the land of Oz)? We are so behind the world.

Kate Moss is in the paper everyday. Get her off our papers/magazines! She is a twit with a rake as a body. Not encouraging a very good body image for young British girls.

Ruby (what the Brit’s call a Curry) is the national ‘drunk and its 3am’ dish. In Australia it’s a Kabab or macca’s – in England it’s a curry. Kire (my brother) is still carrying on the Australian tradition though….

Hope all is going well for you guys back home or wherever you are around the world (particularly Nate in Santa Cruz– Love the comments dude – keep them coming!). Let us know in the comments section if there is anything you would like an article on … and if I like it I’ll write about it ;-).

Take care,
Mare xxx

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

you'd have to think that he (branson) is "out to take over the world" (pinky and the brain)...