Friday 8 June 2007

Oooh ye its Friday No 2

I got my GAMSAT result back. Last year I got 58 which got me an interview at ANU (Canberra Uni) - but it wasnt where I wanted to be. I wanted to go to Sydney Uni and their cut off was 61. So I missed out and tried again this year.

This year I got...

.....

64!

I was aiming for 70, but I will be happy with whatever score gets me into Sydney Uni.

64 means that even if the cut off continues to rise the average of 2 points each year, which it has been for the last three years - it would be 63 this year and I will be in with a great chance to get an interview at Sydney Uni!

If not then my second choice uni is Notre Dame. This is a new med school opening this year in Sydney. Its new so it will be keen to invite students and I expect the cut off to be low. But because its new, it will be less experienced.

But that doesn't matter anyways, cause Im going to Sydney Uni :) The interviews are in late september and Im shopping around for tickets - I say act like you're going to get it and things will go your way.

===========================

On another note, I bet people are asking 'why is Tom the only one writing updates? We wanna hear from Mare'

Well too bad.

Just kidding. Its because Mare doesnt like you.... or it may be because at work her website for this blog is all in German and she cant understand German, so she cant use it. But she keeps letting me she is really keen to write stuff. Plus shes busy at work, unlike me :)

Adios,

Tomasz

PS I was reading a friends blog and she mentioned an article which was a crack up - a member of the Polish government wants to ban the Australian kids TV show 'Tele Tubies' because she thinks the one with the hand bag is gay. The MP calls it homosexual propoganda and doesnt want Polish kids exposed to it.

I always though the tele tubies were for stoners... they should ban them because it promotes weed smoking - funny shaped martian things in bright colours running around in an imaginary world talking in a funny language... it already sounds psychadelic and kinda like the British - they're all around me right now...

3 comments:

Nata said...

CONGRATS FATTY!!

You definitely earned it.

Malunini said...

Congratulations mate...
you do realise that to do the course you`ll have to leave your high flying finance job in london...
...but what the hell come on down, become a doctor...god knows we dont have enough of em in the family...
anyways...I am sure you have heard that your mums holiday home was on fire over the weekend...the fuse box ignited during the massive storms up and down the coast...
so your mum, Ala and Golabie had the long weekend without electricity...LOL...
I have some pic from the weekend on our blog...(yes i am self promoting my blog...but if i dont do it, no one else will)

Malunini said...
This comment has been removed by the author.